The Swiss Gear Montreaux Ten Person Family Dome Tent allows for more than just two room configuration.
Use the room dividers to set up the interior of this family dome tent the way it best suits you.
The Swiss Gear Montreaux has space to spare.
This product will appeal if your priority is a two room tent or more.
Two compartments within the tent can be used as storage rooms.
They can also double as bedrooms, and are each large enough to accomadate a queen-size air mattress.
The rest of the interior can be divided into two distinct living areas.
This is a big tent,with a base size of 17.5 feet by 14 feet.
The weight you’ll be carrying is about 37 pounds.
Tall people are well catered for with its 84″ centre height.
But, this Montreaux family dome tent remains easy to set up.
After a practice run, allow about 20 minutes on your own.
- Unique truncated corners provide solid stability.
- Sewn-in divider creates two distinct living areas.
- Two utility rooms allow for greater interior flexibility.
- Factory taped fly seams for added weather proofing.
- Sonic sealed floors for superior water protection.
- Full mesh ceiling.
- Side and rear windows for ideal ventilation.
- Sturdy zippers on all windows.
- Dutch “D” style door for easy access.
This family tent’s biggest appeal is its versatility.
As its rather long title suggests, the Swiss Gear Montreaux Ten Person Family Dome Tent can shelter a large group.
That’s O.K. if ten people only need to accomadate their sleeping bags and themselves overnight.
The big plus for the average family group is the ability to add the comforts of home.
Those “comforts” might include a cooler, television, folding table and chairs, or a playpen.
The ability to partition separate sleeping compartments would appeal to young families with infants who need to be bedded down early.
Some less obvious features also make for a happier camping experience.
- Set up instructions are sewn into the carry bag and always within reach.
- A number of built-in pockets on the interior.
- Maintain quick access to the easily lost items, like keys, cell phones, toys and shoes.
- The mesh top is a hit with young kids.
- Leave the rain fly off and it’s like sleeping under the stars.
- An “E-port” allows access for an extension cord from outside.
There are not too many major complaints associated with this family tent.
But a common gripe about many budget priced modern tents seems to be the lack of durability in the tent pegs, or stakes.
Tents in this price range are not a huge financial outlay, so for peace of mind it really pays to invest in some extra steel stakes for reassurance.
But for a tall tent, it is pretty wind resistant.
An extra tarp for rough ground would not go astray either.
For size and versatility, the Swiss Gear Montreaux ten person family dome tent offers plenty of options.
I have omitted cost details because places like Amazon constantly review their prices. They are always attempting to offer you the best deal. Just click on the Amazon button to get the current low price.
Don’t forget to check out their free delivery and returns policy.
Congratulations on your choice from our tent reviews. But if you are a beginner camper, take a little time to check out this link to camping tips and tricks and take the stress out of your next trip to the great outdoors.
Filed under: Swiss Gear Tents
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!